High Liner Foodservice Canada
Dublin Guinness™ Battered Cod Sandwich
High Liner Foodservice Guinness™ Battered Cod Fillets are as unique as their star ingredient: The world’s number one stout! Carefully dipped in batter made with legendary real Guinness™, each fillet goes from oven or fryer to plate in minutes. This creates a distinctively flavored, crunchy and moist flaky fish bite, with the consistency and plate appeal you demand. The result is a dining experience even non-beer lovers will crave.
Serves: 6 sandwiches
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 mins
- 6 each Guinness™ Battered Cod Portions
- 6 Slices Smoked Gouda Cheese, cut thick
- 1 ½ cups Pickled Cucumbers
- 1 ½ cups Crispy Frizzled Onions
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup Guinness Beer
- ¼ cup Grain Mustard
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp. Malt Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Heavy Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 300°F and lay the bacon out on a parchment lined sheet pan. Cook for approximately 15 minutes, or until bacon is crispy, and then reserve.minutes, or until bacon is crispy
- Add the maple syrup to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add beer, simmer until the volume has reduced by half. Remove from heat, whisk in mustard and reserve glaze for service.
- For the Malt Vinegar Aioli, in a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients until they combine cohesively and reserve under refrigeration.
- Prepare the Guinness Cod according to the package instructions. Cook to an internal temperature of 155℉. (Deep Fry: Preheat fryer to 350℉ and fry for 6-8 minutes. Do not overload fryer. Convection Oven: Preheat oven to 400℉ and bake for 14-16 minutes, flipping portions over halfway through cooking. Conventional Oven: Preheat oven to 425℉ and bake for 18-20 minutes, flipping portions oven hallway through cooking. )
- To serve, place bacon in a sauté pan with the glaze and simmer until glaze is thick. Melt cheese over the cooked haddock, top with bacon and place on a lightly toasted brioche bun with malt vinegar aioli, pickled cucumbers and crispy onions. Drizzle with remaining glaze and serve.